A brick and mortar store survives only if enough customers can find it. The more customers a store can attract, the better they will do. The same mentality can be applied to an eCommerce site. Whether it is a stand-alone company or the online arm of a physical store, the site needs customers to survive. While physical stores can entice customers by offering samples and discounts, virtual locations need to be a little more creative in how they attract potential customers.
Learning how to market a product online is one of the most critical elements of survival for any eCommerce retailer. There are a few different approaches to marketing that can attract visitors and lead to converting a click into a sale. Some of these methods include converting traditional advertising, using social media and using email marketing.
Convert Traditional Advertising
The number of consumers turning to the Internet to purchase products is increasing by the day. Businesses that have the budget for it can take advantage of this increase and drive traffic to their websites through traditional advertising methods. The world may be going digital, but there is still room for those who use traditional advertising such as television ads, ads taken out on the radio and ads taken out in print media.
To take advantage of these traditional methods, a company needs to keep a few things in mind, according to Dynamic Business.
• Consistent branding. This is important across all of the marketing channels a company decides to use, whether digital or traditional.
• Create cross-promotional items.
• Decide who your target demographic is and go after them.
Social media plays an important part in society today. It allows people to inform their friends of their location and their current activity. It also allows for them to sing the praises of products and companies they have recently purchased or interacted with. As a company, you can use these platforms to create advertising campaigns that will not only attract visitors to your site, but can very likely turn visitors into paying customers.
The key to a successful social media campaign is to ensure it reaches the largest number of people possible in your targeted demographic. There are some specific elements that businesses should consider including in their social media campaigns.
• Alert your current clients to where you will be posting. Include your social media names, so that it is easy for them to find you. Make sure you cover all the possible platforms you plan to use.
• Delegate aspects of the campaign to each member of your staff. This will make the campaign more manageable for all involved.
• Make one person in charge of operating all platforms, allowing him or her to update the campaign as needed. Ensure this employee has the ability to make seasonal and last-minute changes.
• Establish metrics that can measure the impact of the campaign.
As you create a campaign, make sure you monitor it using analytics and other metrics. If the numbers are not as high as you want, adjust your campaign. Reach out to your customers and listen to any suggested changes they may offer you.
Another more direct type of digital marketing is carried out through email. However, businesses must be careful with this type of advertising as it can be considered spam and may turn off the very people the messages are meant to reach. There are ways to be successful with this method, as long as you are careful.
• The foundation of a strong campaign is a good list of contacts to start with.
• Do something unexpected.
• Keep it simple. People only have a few minutes to check their email. Keep the message simple and short to ensure that it’s memorable.
The Importance of a Strong Marketing Campaign
Every business is only as strong as its marketing campaign. Creating a strong marketing campaign is crucial to survival in the fast-paced society of today. A well-designed campaign can help a business, of any size, stand out and attract the customer base that may take it to the next level.
A successful marketing campaign starts with strong branding. Create a brand for your business so that consumers can quickly pick your company out from the crowd. Remember to keep the branding same across all of your marketing channels. This means that if you are going to change elements of the campaign, they must be changed across all channels. For instance, an updated logo on your business card must also match the logo on your email marketing campaign as well as the logo on your social media platforms. Take advice and feedback, learn as many platforms as you can and then enjoy the benefits as the sales begin to roll in.